All international Applicants from all over the world are invited for Chinese Government Scholarship for Chinese University Program and Silk Road Program. SCUT is one of China’s leading and best universities. It operates under the direct leadership of the State Ministry of Education.
Why at the SCUT– SCUT is a multidisciplinary university offering several programmes
- University or Organization: South China University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master or Doctorate degree level
- Access Mode: Online
- Numbers of Award: 70
- Nationality: Non-Chinese national
- Scholarship can be taken in: China
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2019
- Language: English
Each Scholarship Recipient will be received the following:
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition, and fee for accommodation;
- Monthly Living allowance:
- Master’s degree students: RMB 3,000
- Doctorate degree students: RMB 3,500
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance for International Students in China.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: all international students can apply for this scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Scholarship is available at any subject or course offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: internationals who may not be in receipt of another types of scholarships at any universities in China are eligible to apply for the program.
- Education background & age limit: Applicants studying to earn a Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35. Applicants studying to earn a PhD must have a Master’s degree & be under the age of 40.
How to Apply
- How to apply: Follow these steps to complete your application:
Step 1: Apply at this link: http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/
- Agency No: 10561 Type Category: B
- Download APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP in (pdf) format and Print 2 copies.
Step 2: Apply at: http://scut.edu.cn/apply
- Submit your APPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP in (pdf) format to the system.
- All the master’s and doctoral applicants must contact supervisors from professional school in SCUT via mail/ interview.
- The applicants, who pass the assessment by supervisors, please ask the supervisors to sign a <pre-acceptance letters>.
Step 3: Following <The Checklist of SCUT Chinese Government Scholarship Application Material> to prepare your application material. Then please deliver your paper document to the Admissions Office of School of International Education, SCUT.
- Supporting Documents: You will be required to submit the following: SCUT application form for foreign students, Front Page of Passport, Visa Page, Highest diploma or Pre-graduate Certificate, Academic transcripts, A study or research plan, Two recommendation letters, A pre-acceptance letter of supervisor, The applicants of PhD have to submit Abstract(s) of Graduation Thesis(es) or Published Paper(s), One cassette records for those applying to music programs, Foreigner Physical Examination Form, Regarding Language Certificate.
- Admission Requirements: To be eligible for the scholarship applicants need to take admission at the university.
- Language Requirement: For non-English countries must have TOEFL IBT 80 or above/ IELTS 6.0 above or above