With its development oriented postgraduate programmes of study, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development & newly industrialized countries.
The DAAD provides support for over 100,000 German & international students & researchers all around the world each year and making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind.
The previous academic degree (usually a Bachelor’s degree) must have been completed no longer than 6 years previously.
Application Closing Date: Depending on your chosen study programme. please click deadlines here.
Course Level: Postgraduate degree at a state or state recognised German university & in exceptional cases to take a PhD degree & to obtain a university qualification Master’s or PhD in Germany.
Study Subject: All Development related postgraduate courses.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship includes:
Depending on your academic level as monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates and 1,000 euros for PhD candidates
Payments towards health as well as in accident & personal liability insurance cover
Travel allowances unless these expenses are covered by the home country/another source of funding
Nationality: International Students
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International Students can apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Scholarship eligibility criteria is:
- Graduates with at least 2 years of professional experience
- Applicants fulfill the necessary academic requirements & can be expected to successfully complete his/her study programme in Germany (above average results for first academic exam and top performance third and language skills)
- Applicants have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Applicants have at least two years’ professional experience
- Applicants can prove their motivation is development related & professional environment after their training/scholarship & be expected to take on social responsibility & initiate & support processes of change in their personal
- English Language Requirements: Depending on chosen study programme; please check scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme.
How to Apply: By post or electronically.
Required following documents (in the following order):
- Completed DAAD application form
- CV must be hand signed(europass specimen must use and get the form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/)
- (Hand-signed)letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation)
- Research expore (if applicable by university)
- Academic letters of recommendation from your previous university(the letter must have a signature & office stamp & must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope))
- Professional letters of recommendation from your employer(the letter must have a signature & office stamp & must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope))
- Confirmation of employment in your home country from the employer & if possible also a guarantee of re-employment when you return home
- Proof of language proficiency
English language– IELTS or TOEFL (Institutional TOEFL is not acceptable)
German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available
Photocopies of awarded academic degrees
Photocopies of academic transcripts/certificates
A photocopy of School Leaving Certificate
- Note: Some courses might require additional documents so For detailed information you must see the relevant course description given on the following pages.
- All documents should be submitted as identical copies/duplicates.