METI Government of Japan is offering internships to up to 220 interns (around 40 will be international students already in Japan). Applicants must be holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
Young foreign nationals of developing countries (OECD/DAC-listed countries) are eligible to apply for these internships. This is a paid internship programme.
Field of Internship:
Offer workplace experience as not actual employment. Its objective to provide interns with workplace skills & know-how.
Internship Provider: METI Government of Japan
Satisfying all the following requirements are eligible.
- Agreeing with the spirit of this program & through the internship promoting the internationalization of Japanese companies, developing the overseas business of Japanese companies, and working together to construct networks with overseas universities, etc.
- Citizen of an eligible country/region.
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher)/proficiency in English.
- Applicants should be at least 20 years of age & no older than 40 as of June 30, 2019.
- Must able to submit a school/university enrollment/graduation certificate as well as a letter of recommendation from an affiliated university/institution etc.
- Able to undertake both the internship & Pre-Training full-time at the host company. (International students must also able to balance these against their studies)
- Other requirements meeting any individual conditions stipulated by the host company.
Internship Open for International Students: Young foreign nationals of developing countries (OECD/DAC-listed countries) are eligible to apply for these internships.
Yes it is paid inernsip;
- Allowance: 4,000 yen per day for living cost. This amount is payable per day for the entire duration of the internship (except for international students living in Japan, who will be paid for active days only)
- Round-trip economy class air ticket, travel insurance (international students in Japan not eligible)
- Internship insurance
- Transportation and accommodation expenses including training program fee when participating in the training.
Internship Description: As Japanese companies take on young foreign talent from abroad for internships, Japan achieves greater internationalization for its people and organizations through knowledge building aimed at new developments and expansion of overseas business for Japanese companies, and by changing awareness through working with foreigners and experiencing cross-cultural communication, as well as constructing networks and developing in-house systems in conjunction with overseas universities aimed at securing foreign talent.
A number of awards offered: Up to 220 interns (around 40 will be international students in Japan) will be selected for the internship.
Internship Duration: International students in Japan:
- A: Entering Japan on Sun, September 1 & departing on Tue, November 12
- B: Entering Japan on Mon, September 9 & departing on Tue, November 19
- C: Entering Japan on Tue, September 17 & departing on Tue, November 26
- D: Entering Japan on Mon, September 30 & departing on Tue, December 10
- E: Entering Japan on Mon, October 7 & departing on Tue, December 17*
- An intern should follow the schedule appointed by the Program office.
Notification: Suitability of acceptance for matched interns will be verified by the Screening Committee, and if approved, both Host Company and the intern will be notified of selection results.
How to Apply:
Fill in the application form from the program website then apply.
-Selection is conducted through document screening, primary interview (native language/English/Japanese), and secondary interview (Japanese/English).
-After interviews are complete, various certificates (university qualifications, language skills, etc.), letters of recommendation, photographs, documents required for the visa, etc. are to be submitted individually.
Application Deadline: 30 June 2019.