Obama Foundation Scholars Program is available to all dynamic, collaborative, rising leaders from all around the world at Columbia University for the academic year 2020/21.
The grant is for two years to enable the applicant to complete the program and aims to identify innovative solutions to complex global problems and promote change through values-based leadership.
Established in 1754, Columbia University has thirteen graduate schools, four affiliated colleges, twenty-five libraries, and one hundred research centres and institutes. It provides degree programs in a diverse range of professional and inter-disciplinary fields.
Application Deadline: December 13, 2019
University or Organization: Columbia University offers a lot of learning & many other career-related opportunities that will help to increase your unique skills and abilities. Students can expect to work and study alongside other dynamic and diverse students from other many disciplines.
Course Level: Masters, Training
Access Mode: Online
Eligible Countries: Students from all around the world are eligible to apply
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program will be awarded to study masters in any subject offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country outside the United States, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities
Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “tipping point” in their careers
Are fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken)
Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community
Have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination and teamwork.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Eligible aspirants can register their interest in this education award by taking admission in the master’s program at the university. After being accepted, claimants can apply through the online application form for this grant.
- Supporting Documents:
- curriculum vitae,
- proof of English proficiency,
- three letters of recommendation,
- Personal video statement
- Admission Requirements: For admission, the candidates must have a bachelor degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE exams in the last five years and scored at or above the minimum requirement of 100 (TOEFL-IBT), 600 (TOEFL-PBT), 7.0 (IELTS), or 68 (PTE Academic).
The Foundation will offer following benefits:
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program
- Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities
- Leadership development programming led by the Obama Foundation that will help Scholars gain the real-world skills, tools and experiences to expand the impact of their work when they return home