Applicants are eligible to apply for the MD fellowships funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds.
For those students who want to conduct an experimental research project in basic biomedical research in Germany.
The main purpose of the training is to support junior scientists whose research projects experimentally elucidate the basic phenomena of human life.
The BIF is a public foundation, an independent and non-profit organization for the exclusive & direct promotion of basic research in bio-medicine.
The foundation believe that great scientific ideas & developments need a stimulating context, freedom & a sound financial fundamental.
The program is open to provide students significant work experiences through this training, candidates get a broad curriculum of skills development:
leadership, community organizing, public speaking, grant writing, media relation.
Application Deadline: Submit at any time.
How to Apply
- How to apply: apply for the program by submitting all the required documents via post to Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds, Schusterstraße 46-48, 55116 Mainz, Germany.
- Supporting Documents: Submit all the supporting documents.
- Language Requirement: Evidence that their English language ability meets the minimum requirements for this program.
- MD fellowships are granted for 10–12 months, an extension of up to 6 months is possible.
- The basic monthly stipend amounts to 1000 euros in countries of the European Monetary System.
- In Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the USA, a further 450 euros are added as a country-related premium.
- In most countries, fellows are paid an additional flat-rate of 150 euros per month to cover minor project-related costs (books, travel expenses, etc.), and to cover premiums for personal insurance.
- The stipend is intended to cover the living expenses of the recipient.