German Chancellor Fellowship administrated providing career opportunity by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
The call is open for providing an opportunity to those fellows who want to conduct a project as guests of the partner of their choice in Germany.
The foundation promotes academic cooperation between excellent scientists and scholars from abroad and from Germany. It also promotes international cultural dialogue and academic exchange. It is known as an intermediary organization for German foreign cultural and educational policy.
Why should apply to this program? The program gives students the opportunity to spend a year in Germany networking with other prospective leaders from abroad, who are also sponsored by the Humboldt Foundation and to explore new solutions to global issues.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2019
University or Organization: The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
Course Level: Research project
Award: 2,150 EUR, 2,450 EUR or 2,750 EUR
Access Mode: Online
- Eligible Countries: Brazil, China, India, Russia, and the USA
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Fellowships are open to an array of sectors such as Politics, Economics, Media, Administration, and Culture.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this grant, you must have already acquired initial leadership experience and completed first degree less than 12 years ago.
- Candidates would like to spend a year working on a project they have developed with a host of their choice in Germany.
- They can demonstrate that their project will be of social significance and that they have the potential to build future bridges between Germany and their own country.
How to Apply
How to Apply: If you are interested in this program, then you can apply through the given link.
Supporting Documents: Must attach the
- letter of motivation
- project plan
- a detailed statement
- including confirmation of supervision
- 2 references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional
- personal and/or academic background.
Language Requirement: Meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be eligible.
- The fellows will get a monthly fellowship of €2,170, €2,470 or €2,770, depending on their qualifications
- individual mentoring during a stay in Germany
- additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying
- travel expenses or a German language course
- a study tour of Germany and a number of events during which they can make contact with other fellows and representatives of German companies and institutions
- extensive alumni sponsorship
- particularly to help them sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during their entire professional career.