U.S.A Department of State is inviting applications for the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) for dazzling applicants in the US. The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD) is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). This international educational and cultural exchange program brings future leaders to the United States to experience the U.S. educational system, enhance their knowledge, and explore U.S. culture and values.
The programme provides one semester scholarships to outstanding undergraduate students from around the world for non-degree full-time study combined with community service, professional development, and cultural enrichment.
Application deadline: December 31, 2019
Course Level: The Global UGRAD program offers cultural/academic exchange through a non-degree program for a semester at a university in the US.
- Entrance Requirements: The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program provides non-degree undergraduate study abroad in the United States on a competitive basis to university students. The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program is open to anyone who is/has:
- over 18 years of age
- a citizen of a UGRAD participating country, currently residing in that country
- enrolled as an undergraduate in good standing at any accredited university, public or private, and has at least one semester remaining at their home university at the conclusion of the UGRAD program
- completed secondary education in their home country
- eligible to receive and maintain the US student exchange visa (J-1) required for the program
cleared by a physician to participate in the program
- committed to returning to their home country after the completion of the program.
Apply through the U.S. Embassy (Public Affairs Section) or Fulbright Commission in your home country. You will be required to upload documents and images to your application.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Global Undergraduate Program offers:
- Round-trip from your home city to and within the U.S.A
- Tuition and mandatory university fees
- Room and board (housing and meals)
- Accident and sickness coverage
- A monthly allowance for incidentals during the program
- A limited allowance for books
- Monthly maintenance allowance for the duration of the program