Candidates are welcomed to apply for the Postgraduate Research Scholarships offered by the Deakin University.
There are two types of scholarships:
- The RTP scholarships (previously APA) are funded by the Australian Federal Government,
- The DUPR opportunities are funded by Deakin University in Australia.
Deakin University is a university with approximately 50,644 higher education students in 2014. Established in 1974, the University was named after the leader of the Australian federation movement and the nation’s second Prime Minister, Alfred Deakin.
- Postgraduate research programme.
- All Subjects offered by the university
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS a student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset an applicant must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees.
- To be eligible for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP or DUPRS Stipend rate.
- The scholarships are available to domestic and international students.
How to Apply:
Make direct to the University through the Applicant Portal with the required documents such as:
- Resume or Curriculum vitae
- Academic Transcripts
- Previous research degree
- Publications information
- Bibliographic information
- Providing proof of identification and citizenship
- Prepare your proposal
Entrance Requirements: Refer to the research degree entry pathways page for information on admission requirements to an HDR course at Deakin University.
Whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- A stipend of $27,596 (2019 rate) or $28,092 (per annum) tax exempt
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (for single to family) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin.
- For international students only: overseas health coverage for the duration of the tuition fees offset
- For Doctoral Degree : 3 years for stipend and 4 years for the tuition fees offset.
- For Research Master Degree:2 years for stipend and 2 years for the tuition fees offset.