The Asian Development Bank has announced the Japan program for international students for the academic session 2020-21.
The aim of this funded education program is to support well-deserved candidates of any nationality in completing their postgraduate studies at one of the participating institutions either in Australia, Hong Kong, India, Japan, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and the USA.
The Asian Development Bank was established in the 1960s as a financial institution. It is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific.
ADB Japan program will give you the advantage to choose your institution of study and helps you in covering your study expenses by providing the best facilities of education.
- Varies according to the institution.
- Nationals of Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, and Viet Nam are eligible.
- The program is open to those who have gained admission to an approved MA course at a participating academic institution.
- Applicants must be 35 years old or younger; in good health; with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent; and have a superior academic record.
- Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to return to their home country to contribute to its economic and social development.
How to Apply
- The Candidates have to request information and application forms from the chosen academic institution. They will be automatically awarded by the grant once they enrol at any institution.
- Request forms,
- Academic transcripts,
- language ability proof,
- A scan of the passport,
- Curriculum vitae
- should be attached.
- A bachelor’s degree is a must in order to apply to this program.
- You need to demonstrate your English language proficiency through the TOEFL or IELTS test.
- Full tuition fees,
- A monthly allowance for expenses,
- Books and instructional materials,
- Medical insurance and travel.
- (For scholars engaged in research) a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
- In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered under the program.