KAAD Scholarships are now available for all international students of developing countries in Germany These scholarships may avail for pursuing master’s degree, PhD or postdoctoral research project for specific period (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university.
The Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) supports his scholars in the form & educational programs and offers spiritual and personal assistance in view of future multiplying functions students will have in their home countries.
The Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) is the institution of the German Catholic Church for post-graduate students and scientists from developing countries.
- Varies according to the university
Applicants can apply if meet following criteria:
- National of a developing/emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
- have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
Check Also the list of different countries government scholarships as following:
How to Apply:
- The first request is placed through filling the application questionnaire
- And Send it to the KAAD offices. Interested people send as first step the filled questionnaire to Leimbach@kaad.de.
- Candidates from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- The KAAD will provide the award amount according to the program.