Government Scholarships for International Students in Latvia
Latvian Government is offering scholarships to pursue undergraduate, master and PhD degree in Latvia. These scholarships may avail by all international students for the academic year 2020-2021.
The scholarships are open for international students, researchers and teaching staff who have successfully completed at least one academic year of studies for studies, research, and participation in summer schools.
- April 1, 2020.
Undergraduate, master and PhD degree.
Awarded in any subject available at Latvian HEI.
Latvian Government study scholarships offering following benefits:
- The amount of the Latvian fellowship is 30,00 EUR per day and 300,00 EUR for accommodation per month.
- The fellowship holder is expected to stay in Latvia for the full duration of the proposed period.
- Upon request, the host higher education institution provides the fellowship holder with a place in a dormitory or a guesthouse.
Check also and Apply here for Adelaide programs International (ASI) fully funded PhD scholarship 2020
- Eligible Countries: Citizens from countries that have signed an Agreement* on co-operation in education and science: Azerbaijan, Italy, Tajikistan, Belgium (Federation Wallonia – Brussels), Kazakhstan, The People`s Republic of China, Bulgaria, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, Croatia, Mexico, Turkmenistan, Cyprus, Moldova, Ukraine, Finland, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, France, Peru, Georgia, South Korea, Israel and Spain
Citizens from countries that offer financial aid for Latvian students, researchers and teaching staff without formal agreements on co-operation in education and science: Austria, Germany, Indonesia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Greece, Japan, Sweden, Denmark, Hungary, Lithuania, Switzerland, Estonia, Iceland, Norway, The United States of America
- Entrance Requirements: Criteria is:
- Citizens from countries that have signed an agreement with Latvia or offer financial aid for Latvian citizens can apply for the Latvian state scholarships. To see countries, citizens of which are eligible to apply for the opportunity s.
- Applications for bachelor`s and the first level of professional higher education studies will be accepted from students who have successfully completed at least one academic year of studies (at their home higher education institution or at a Latvian higher education institution, if they already have been studying in Latvia) at the moment of application
- Candidates from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply:
Fill the online application form by the applicants who want to apply for this scholarship and also upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation (including activities outside studies related to the study field in Latvia or in the home country
- Photocopies of diplomas of higher education and supplements or a transcript of records of the last two study
- semesters (if studies are not completed)
- Copies of two letters of recommendation from academic staff members, signed within the last six months
- copy of a letter of the relevant Latvian higher education institution, confirming the foreigner’s opportunity to study in the chosen study programme and informing about the language of instruction