University of London is offering PhD scholarships, open for the UK, European and International students in different departments.
The scholarships are offered to encourage the students for research in any of the School’s key research areas for the academic year 2020-2021.
Located in the heart of London, the City, University of London is a leading global university committed to academic excellence focused on business and the professions. It is ranked as the 351st best university in the world.
University of London offers world-class education and a large number of employment opportunities for students. At the City University of London, students can get the work experience that may be required for their future career.
April 20, 2020
- School of Mathematics,
- Computer Science
- Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Studentships are awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
- candidates must have to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a good honors degree (normally no less than a second class honours degree or an equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject. Exceptionally, if the first degree is in a different subject area, a university can consider applications from those with a good Master’s Degree in a relevant subject or extensive professional experience in the area of their proposed research
How to Apply
- Candidates are strongly instructed to discuss your application in advance with a potential supervisor in the School. Please visit the research degrees web pages below for further information. Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Library and Information Science. The online application can be found in the How to apply section on each of the Research Degree pages listed above.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit all the required documents such as Research proposal (Guidance on how to write a research proposal), copies of Degree Certificates and Transcripts in official English translation, Official work e-mail addresses for two referees and passport.
- Admission Requirements The studentships will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting edge research.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose mother tongue is not English must submit proof of English Language proficiency (minimum average score of 6.5 IELTS, with a minimum of 6.0 in each of the four components) if English is not your first language.
A PhD scholarship will provide:
- An annual award (£16,000 in 2020/21).
- Full tuition fee for Home/EU students. Applications from international applicants are welcome but the applicant must make appropriate arrangements to cover the difference between the international and home tuition fee.