The University of Malaya will provide the selected applicants full 100% tuition fee waivers upto RM4,000 or above towards the tuition fee of the applied master or doctoral programme at the university and a living allowance.
- Successful applicants will receive a tuition fee waiver or discount for the applied semester based on the following rates:
Stipend Amount Paid byResearch Grant (RM)
|Fee Waiver / Discount Rate (%)|
|1.||1,000 – 2,000||100|
|2.||2,001 – 2,500||80|
|3.||2,501 – 3,000||60|
|4.||3,001 – 3,500||40|
|5.||3,501 – 4,000||20|
|6.||4,001 and above||0|
The list of fees that are NOT waived under this scheme are:
- Thesis Submission fee
- Examination fee
- Graduation fee
- International Student fee (for international students only)
Successful applicants will not be required to undertake any teaching workload.
Domestic and International students.
- This scheme is open to local and internationalpostgraduate candidates enrolled in Masters (full research) or Doctorate programme at Universiti Malaya (UM).
- Applicants must have been offered as a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) by UM for a period of at least four (4) months for the applied semester (to apply for GRA, go to https://ra-recruitment.um.edu.my/)
- Applicants must not be sponsored by any federal/state/statutory body or any other organisation.
- Applicants must be free from any debt / outstanding fees with UM.
- Applicants must be within the Graduate on Time (GOT) period of candidature at the time of application, i.e.:
- For Masters programmes – 5th semester and below*
- For Doctorate programmes – 7th semester and below*
* The candidate’s Graduate Research Assistantship (GRA) must still be active.
- Applications must be submitted online via maya.um.edu.my http://maya.um.edu.my > Finance > Scholarship. Applications submitted in hard copy format will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to upload their previous and latest Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) offer letter in the online application system. The GRA offer letter must have been issued by the Institute of Research Management & Services (IPPP), Universiti Malaya (https://umresearch.um.edu.my/).
- Incomplete applications will automatically be rejected.